jueves, agosto 11, 2005

Moving my tadalist to gmail

After almost a month of using some of the concepts, those that I like most, of GTD I'm moving my todo list from Tadalist to a new account in Gmail.

I must confess that the ideas came from the Andrew’s Gmail To-do and Journal system.

The change it's not because of a problem with tadalist, in fact I love tadalist, it's just that
  • in Gmail I have 2481 Mb (right now) of space
  • it's free
  • I can customize my stuff as I want
  • I can attach documents, images, files, ....
  • I can use links in my payload
  • I can post tasks from everywhere (with and Internet connection)
  • I can use it as a backup for the stuff that I create
  • If I want to use pgp to crypt some of my tasks I can do it in the body of the mail and use the subject as a reference to known what the fuck I crypted, with out the need to decrypt the payload
I create a Gmail account that I expect to maintain in secret, just because I don't want to actually receive email from others than me, and with labels and filters I move emails based on the content of the subject (ala backpackit), for example:
  • All the emails with the subject "toread: .*" it's going to my "Thins to read" folder (or label).
I set up priorities in the sense that all the email with highest priority stays in the Inbox and get "Starred", medium priority tasks stays in the inbox but are not "Starred", and lower priorities ones goes directy to folders.

tags:

No hay comentarios.: