sábado, octubre 22, 2005

Red WINE please

I hate Microsoft and frankly I don't need their crappy OS if it wasn't for the fucking Visio God damned

Yes I've tried Dia for a while but it sucks compared to Visio and the rest of the world is contaminated with Microsoft so nobody, at least the people that I known, send's their network maps in Dia format.

A couple of weeks ago I had to install a Visio in my old Laptop. Vmware and dual boots are not an option because I've only a 6 Gb disk drive. Through google I found that visio 2k runs in one of the last Wine versions so I tested and works good, except for a minor problem with the Save option that panics Wine.

Today I read in slashdot a story about the Wine project and this line said's a lot about the guts of Wine guys:

Wine has historically had a very frustrating history because it has been alpha software. This is really hard work. We're replicating the work of a billion-dollar company.

Tags:

No hay comentarios.: